Welcome to DataBreachTodaySite Focuses on Breach Detection, Notification, Prevention
Designed for information security leaders and other senior executives across all business sectors, DataBreachToday debuts at a time when major data breaches are grabbing headlines on an almost daily basis. For example, in one of the most significant Internet security incidents ever reported, DigiNotar, a certificate authority, was recently deceived by hackers into issuing fraudulent digital certificates. And TRICARE, the military healthcare program, recently reported a data breach that affected 4.9 million individuals - the largest incident since the HIPAA breach notification rule took effect.
In addition to providing breaking news coverage about information breaches, Data Breach Today.features a slide show about the top 10 breach incidents in recent months. And the site offers expert advice on practical breach prevention strategies. Content includes:
- News: More Breach Lawsuits Filed
- Analysis: Mobile: How to Say 'Yes' Securely
- Interviews: Leon Rodriguez, Chief Enforcer of the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule
- Blogs: Disciplining IT Security Pros for Breaches
- Webinars: Risk Assessments: Protecting Your Organization from the Next Major Breach
"As concern about frequent data breaches continues to grow, and information security threats increase, DataBreachToday will provide unique insights on the latest trends as well as expert advice on effective prevention strategies and regulatory compliance," says Tom Field, ISMG's editorial director.
ISMG also is launching two other new websites:
- InfoRiskToday, a site for IT and non-IT executives, managers and professionals that focuses on information risk management, a process designed to protect an organization's information assets and business mission.
- CareersInfoSecurity a site providing information security professionals with insights on career advancement, including the development of specific skills.
In addition, the company offers four other vertical industry sites: HealthcareInfoSecurity for hospitals, clinics and other healthcare organizations, BankInfoSecurity for banks, CUInfoSecurity for credit unions, and GovInfoSecurity for government agencies. Plus, the company recently launched BankInfoSecurity sites for Europe, the United Kingdom, Asia and India.
DataBreachToday debuts with a wealth of content, including articles, interviews, blogs and webinars on such topics as complying with breach notification regulations at the state and federal level, applying encryption and other technologies to prevent breaches and creating policies for protecting data on mobile devices. For example, a feature on managing business associates offers insights on working with vendor partners to prevent breaches.