Fraud Management & Cybercrime
Fraud Investigations: How to Work Effectively with Law Enforcement and Government
Public sector organizations need to better understand the driving forces, priorities and procedures within the organizations they "protect", but equally as important is that the private sector organizations reciprocate and understand the how, what and why of the law enforcement/public body process.
See Also: Five Steps to Masterminding an Effective Security Awareness Program
This mutual understanding of each other's missions is pivotal to positive and impactful collaboration. This session walks through a framework of how these relationships can be built and the positive impact on a variety of objectives highlighting the role of the Private Sector Liaison Committee of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police.
Additional Summit Insight:
Hear from more industry influencers, earn CPE credits, and network with leaders of technology at our global events. Learn more at our Fraud & Breach Prevention Events site.
The Private Sector Liaison Committee is tasked with enhancing partnerships and capabilities between law enforcement and private industry; support the modernization of the Canadian Anit-Fraud Centre (CAFC); and reduce the impact of fraud and economic crime on the economy, businesses and consumers. The guiding principles of the PSLC are:
- Develop a methodology for the collection, storage and retrieval of specific information from the Private Sector
- Provide the law enforcement community access to the Private Sector information that will aid investigations and help prevent crimes.
- Foster a relationship between the Public and Private Sector for the collection and sharing of specific information.
- Operate within the accepted legislative framework for the collection, storage and retrieval of information.
- Liaise with the Privacy Commissioner's office on the initiative.
- Support the law enforcement community with an information base which contributes to the successful conclusion of investigations and the prevention of crime.
- Measure the results through consultation with the Private and Public sectors
This session walks through a framework of the PSLC, the vision and mission of the organization, current partnerships and success stories.
This session was recorded during the 2014 Fraud Summit Toronto. Additional recordings include:
Premium Members Only
OnDemand access to this webinar is restricted to Premium Members.
Join Now to Access
Have an account? Sign in.
You might also be interested in …